Do you want to take on the challenge of complex research and development in Polymer, Crosslinker and Specialty chemicals for flexible coatings? Then we are looking for you!
As a Polymer Specialist you will lead or participate in complex Polymer, Crosslinker and Specialty chemicals Research and Developments for flexible coatings. You will be part of the Polymer Development group at Stahl in Waalwijk.
What will you do as a Polymer Chemist?
- You initiate, execute and contribute to the realization of Research and Development projects in the field of polymers, crosslinkers and specialties.
- You take into account set customer requirements and development goals during the project execution.
- You search and analyze technical literature for knowledge expansion, understanding the competitive landscape and translate these into new developments.
- You maintain an external knowledge network with universities and institutes.
- You are a knowledge expert within the polymer team.
- You participate in projects with suppliers regarding new raw materials.
- You provide technological support to purchasing, sales and production.
- You contribute to the R&D strategy definition, innovation and roadmap.
Your skills & experience
- Graduated in Polymer chemistry or relevant chemical field education with a masters degree.
- Industry experience in a coatings and/or formulation environment, especially in the Film & Paper Packaging industry, is a plus.
- Experience in managing and executing projects and working in teams consisting of people with different levels.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities on tight timelines.
- Capable to persuade and convince others to another point of view or opinion.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English (verbal and in writing).
- You are an inspiring and optimistic person who likes to work together with the team to get the job done.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic & international environment.
- Work in a growth-oriented medium-sized company with flat hierarchies and a great team.
- Directly employed at Stahl with the prospect of permanent employment.
- A competitive salary (dependent on knowledge and experience).
- Excellent benefits i.e. great pension plan and personal budget for sustainable employability.
- Travel allowance of € 0,21 per kilometer.
- Holiday pay in May and 13th month salary in December.
- 27 vacation days per year on a full-time basis.
- Access to e-learning platform and digital library.
With our global Stahl organization of around 1,800 employees at 11 manufacturing sites and 38 application labs in over 25+ countries, we create responsible chemistry that meets tomorrow’s needs – for our customers and society. Together, we initiate activities that promote transparency and provide high-performing, low-impact solutions to drive the transition to a fully sustainable supply chain and circular economy.
Are you the one we are looking for?
To apply for this position, please send your CV in English to email@example.com together with a cover letter. Please also contact this address with any questions about the role.