Stahl is a leader in process and specialty chemicals for a wide variety of materials. We offer an extensive range of technical and surface solutions for, among others, the automotive, apparel & accessories, architectural & interior design industries. Around the world, Stahl works to create a better future - for our partners, our people, and the environment. All because we are convinced that if it can be imagined, it can be created. Together.
This position is a tactical commercial position with administrative tasks responsible for Stahl’s indirect spend at the manufacturing site and is part of the regional procurement organization. The role ensures the right balance of service (supplier performance) with total cost of ownership by selecting the best vendors (locally or internationally) to guarantee the supply security to our customers.
The role can be extended to managing a selection of sub-categories in a geographical area (country, region).
What will you do as a Purchaser Indirects?
As a Purchaser Indirects, you’ll support site operations by identifying and procuring the goods and services that are required. You find the suppliers who can supply these goods, negotiate prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of these goods. You will support the design of strategic sourcing plans across the organization and drive execution of critical improvement opportunities related to the Indirect sourcing category. You report to the Regional Procurement Manager.
Implement sourcing activities in the assigned geographic area in accordance with the category objectives and source processes, including:
- With the guidance and support from the Indirects organisation, you will lead and execute sourcing & capex projects including supplier negotiation (including pricing, contracts and payment terms), award recommendations, supplier risk management and contract execution
- Deliver sustainable improvements in terms of cost, quality, service, innovation and sustainability, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Identify and resolve supplier (performance) issues to ensure internal stakeholder satisfaction
- Support the implementation of Coupa (Request to Receive module) into Stahl, by supporting its users, maintaining the contracts in the system and onboarding suppliers to the platform.
- Personal accountability for c.a. 5-10M€ spend.
You will work together with the plant manager, functional stakeholders (mainly Operations/Production/Finance) and other purchasers of Indirect spend in Europe.
Your skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in preferably: Nevi 2, Logistics management, Commercial Economy, International Business and Languages and International Business and Management Studies.
- At least 3 years of work experience a procurement, supply chain, purchasing, or sourcing position with relevant experience in negotiating and managing suppliers.
- Good understanding of procurement processes
- Experience with SAP and Coupa is a plus
- Experience in deploying sourcing strategies and integrating into supplier strategies is a plus.
- Good communicating skills in English (verbal and in writing) preferably also in Dutch.
- You are performance driven, creative, innovative and you have eye for opportunities.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic international work environment with a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
- The chance to work in a fast-growing medium-sized company with flat hierarchies and a great team.
- Directly employed by Stahl with the possibility for a permanent contract.
- Excellent benefits i.e., great pension plan
- Holiday pay in May
- 13th month salary in December
- 27 vacation days per year on a full-time basis with the possibility to buy another 8 days.
- Access to E-learning platform and a digital library
With our global Stahl organization of around 2,000 employees at 11 manufacturing sites and 38 application labs in over 25+ countries, we create responsible chemistry that meets tomorrow’s needs – for our customers and society. Together, we initiate activities that promote transparency and provide high-performing, low-impact solutions to drive the transition to a fully sustainable supply chain and circular economy.
Are you the one we are looking for?
To apply for this position, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a cover letter. Please also contact this address with any questions about the role.