Technical Manager AFS
Stahl Waalwijk (Netherlands) is looking for a Technical Manager AFS.
What will you do as a Technical Manager
We are looking for a “Technical Manager” to lead the design – prototype – validate process and deliver new coating solutions for biobased substrates.
The roles of the Technical Manager will include:
- Propose and develop innovative solutions, based on novel chemicals or process approach, to improve innovative substrate properties.
- Design experimental campaigns to test, prototype and validate the new solutions elaborated.
- Define industrial specifications for products in the fashion, automotive, footwear and home furnishings industries.
- Supervise and coordinate the experiments performed throughout different units of the company to identify new opportunities for improvements.
- Review experiment results to extract knowhow and get the insights for the next experimental campaigns.
What are your experience and skills?
- Graduated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science related degree.
- Experienced in coatings and/or formulation for flexible substrate. Experience in cellulosic substrates is a plus.
- Expert in chemical synthesis or formulation or chemical/process engineering.
- Experienced in designing and executing development projects from lab to proof-of-concept.
Besides the technical experience, you are also:
- Enthusiast for innovation and sustainable materials.
- Eager to build and share knowledge with the team and achieve new discoveries.
- Comfortable in working in innovative fields characterized by high level of uncertainties.
- Determinate and resilient.
- Willing to travel globally where necessary.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic international work environment with a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
- Directly employed by Stahl in a permanent employment.
- Holiday pay (paid in May) and 13th month (paid in December)
- 27 vacation days per year on a full-time basis. With the possible to buy 8 additional holidays.
- Travel allowance of € 0.21 per kilometer
- Good working conditions; including a good pension scheme and a personal budget for sustainable employability.
- Access to E-learning courses
- Smart Working Policy: working from home for a maximum of 2 working days per week if possible.
Around the world, nearly 2,000 Stahl colleagues are driven by a clear purpose: Touching lives, for a better world. Together with our value chain partners, we develop high-performance, low-impact specialty coating solutions that touch the lives of people everywhere.
Today, nearly a third of our R&D projects have a clear ESG foundation, with a focus on low-fossil-carbon alternatives using renewable feedstocks. We are also committed to reducing our own environmental footprint and have set ambitious near-term targets, validated by the Science Based Targets initiative, to significantly reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
By joining Stahl, you will become part of a growing global community. With headquarters in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, Stahl operates a network of 17 manufacturing sites and 37 application laboratories, supported by sales support offices in 22 countries.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy or the application procedure, please visit our contact page and write to our local HR officer.