As Stahl we are leading in process and specialty chemicals for a wide variety of materials. We offer an extensive range of technical and surface solutions to the automotive, apparel & accessories, architectural and interior design industry, among others.
We see sustainability as a good opportunity to drive positive change in the industry. An important goal is to achieve a more transparent supply chain by stimulating collaboration with our partners. That way of working together requires openness, mutual trust and respect. Therefore, we take our responsibilities and the initiative to process the personal data we collect in the course of our business activities and other services from our employees, customers, vendors, website users and other stakeholders in a transparent, lawful, responsible and accurate manner for predetermined specific purposes, protected in an appropriate manner with technical and organizational measures and kept for no longer than strictly necessary.
Hereafter we set out the guidelines of Stahl when processing these personal data and describe the rights of data subjects whose personal data are processed as shown in this privacy statement.
2. What personal data do we process?
Stahl processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you, mandatory or voluntary provide them yourself.
Below is an overview of the personal data we can process:
- Last name and first name(s)
- date of birth
- place of birth
- address data
- phone number(s)
- email address
- IP address
- Location data
- Information about your actitivies on our website
3. For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data?
Stahl processes such personal data for a number of business purposes, including:
- talent acquisition
- research and development
- technology infrastructure and support and facilities management
- sending our newsletter and/or other requested documents
- to call or email you if necessary to carry out our services
- cookie preferences
- other purposes required by law or regulation
4. Do we make use of automated decision-making?
Stahl does not use automated decision-makig solely based on automated systems without human intervention on matters that can have (significant) consequences for data subjects.
5. Which guidelines do we observe to process and protect personal data?
1) to perform, or take steps with view to enter into a contract with the data subject concerned, or
3) to protect the vital interests of the data subject concerned in a ‘life or death’ situation; or
6. How long do we process and store personal data?
We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Website users: > until exercising information request reason: complete contract
7. Do we share personal data with third parties?
Stahl only provides and/or transfers personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of an agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
8. Which cookies or similar techniques do we use?
9. Can you view your data or have your data modified or deleted?
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, the machine readable zone (the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but within four weeks, to your request.
We would also like to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with our national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link:
10. How do we protect your personal data?
Stahl takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or these are indicatiions of misuse, please contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to DPO@stahl.com.