Join forces to meet the most stringent market needs
Stahl is an innovative global player with coating expertise for technical textiles and other coated fabrics. We work to deliver tailor-made excellence with property enhancing coating solutions, produced responsibly with legislation and environmental impact in mind. For manufacturers and designers, who desire the best qualities and durability, we offer a complete package of service, support and high-performance solutions based on the latest innovative technologies.
A complete portfolio of solutions and services
The demand for high-quality fabric-properties is a diverse and shifting landscape. To help get the most out of your materials, we offer a complete portfolio of solutions and in-depth expertise, whether it concerns woven, non-woven or knitted fabrics. With in-house testing to small-scale production, we provide product support and development from start to finish. With years of hands-on experience in the treatment of materials, we believe our chemistry and your product expertise together can bring products to new heights.
In order to give you optimal product support, we established Centers of Excellence around the globe. Here we can work side-by-side to find the right, custom fit for your product demands. Thanks to our extensive testing facilities, we can provide you with tried and tested product advice. Our reliable, specialist solutions and experience make us the right partner in meeting the ever-increasing performance challenges.
Solutions that raise performance standards
The Stahl EVO® product portfolio consists of the next generation polyurethanes for coated fabrics and technical textiles, all compliant to the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) and Manufacturing Restricted Substance List (MRSL):
Our Permutex® portfolio meets and often exceeds industry regulations, with a wide variety of qualities and applications, which provides the best in PU-technology.
- Permutex®EVO RU-43-193: A very soft 60% solids polyester-polycarbonate PUR dispersion with exceptional versatility in application. It can be used for both coating and finishing of textiles with an enhanced feel and handle.
- Permutex® EVO RU-92-400: A very soft, 50% solids, polyester PUR dispersion. It has excellent adhesion to synthetics with a very soft, slightly sticky handle. RU-92-400 is an excellent formulating binder with very stable till low pH and high loading properties for FR additives.
- Permutex® EVO RU-13-737: Very soft, polyether-based PUR dispersion for the impregnation/finishing of textiles. Either used alone or in combination with softeners and/or antistatic agents it can improve handling, wash resistance and mechanical properties like abrasion or tear strength.
- Permutex®EVO RU-92-409: This medium soft aliphatic polyester-based polyurethane dispersion is suitable for general use. A basic polymer for direct coating or impregnation of synthetic and natural textiles/fabrics. Very flexible with good adhesion to polyester and plasticizer resistant and equipped with excellent ink receptive properties.
Flame retardants portfolio:
We offer a complete range of flame retardant building blocks with polymer dispersions and additives.
- Eagleban™ FRA-4311: A highly effective, durable flame retardant for all types of fibers. FRA-4311 is an intumescent flame retardant which imparts flame retardancy by forming a char, rather than affecting the melt properties of the substrate. An excellent choice for barrier-type uses.
- Eagleban™ FRA-9320: A durable, non-fogging and highly effective, phosphorous-based liquid fire retardant additive. Designed for the use in automotive flame retardant coatings and various other applications. As addition to solvent-borne or high-solid PU systems, FRA-9320 is a good starting point for fire retardant formulations.
- EaglebanTMFRA-9551:A hydroxyl-functional, oligomeric phosphate/phosphonate ester, suitable for cellulosic based textiles or blends with synthetic. FRA-9320 can be made durable/semi-durable to laundering when crosslinked.
Crosslinkers and performance additives portfolio:
We believe in the power of an extensive crosslinkers and performance additives portfolio that meet market demands and outperform on customer’s needs.
- Permutex® XR 13-554: 2-stage reactive polycarbodiimide crosslinker for optimum resistance properties.
- Permutex® XR-22-903: Very high reactive DMP blocked isocyanate to be used as crosslinker or as booster for FC finishes.
- Permutex®WR 13-730: Very effective, wash-durable fluorinated water/oil repellent, based on a C6 fluorocarbon which provides excellent water- and oil repelling qualities for various textile applications.
These high-quality solutions are only a small selection from our far extending portfolio of available technologies. Do you have particular product needs or performance-standards in mind?
Contact us to learn about the other possibilities and services we can provide.