Stahl COVID-19 updateRead more
The COVID-19 (commonly called Coronavirus) pandemic is already affecting everyone. The situation is evolving rapidly and it is not easy to accurately predict how it will affect people’s lives and business activity in the future.
Our first priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees. We are also committed to the continued supply of our products and services during the virus outbreak, even if this service may be interrupted. At the same time we will continue to follow guidance from national and international health authorities with respect to preventing the spread of the virus. To date we have been able to continue to deliver orders without major disruptions, in spite of the continuously changing developments. We are managing the situation on a daily basis, guided by our global COVID-19 crisis team.
Stahl has taken measures to prevent unnecessary direct contact with visitors, business partners and between colleagues. Employees who can work from home are already working from home. In addition Stahl has established an operational platform in which preventative measures are discussed and implemented, with the goal of avoiding interruptions in service.
- For road transport processes and precautionary measures are in place to safely load and unload the trucks.
- Containers have been pre-ordered and we have been able to meet demand as needed.
- Sites and laboratories are running normally to the extent possible within the constraints of the relevant local authorities and office workers are working remotely whenever possible. Currently all Stahl sites are operational and only in India operations are on a constrained level.
- Some materials can be produced at more than one manufacturing site - this is being managed on a case-by-case basis.
- Raw material supplies are being secured continuously by our procurement and planning teams.
- Desk/office employees are working in rotation, between on-site and remote locations, in order to minimize the spread of the virus while continuing operations.
- We are keeping our customers informed on order deliveries on a daily basis through our Customer Service and business teams.
The net effect of all this is that Stahl is capable of delivering its products, if with some transport delays at country borders.
The strength of Stahl is its service driven business model. Though in many countries we are not able to meet you in person, we have enabled our sales and technical service staff to service you remotely, either from home office or with smart working. This means that your normal contacts in the commercial and customer service teams are still available to help you with any queries or questions. Stahl is working together as a team to manage the situation, day by day, inspired by our motto “If it can be imagined, it can be created”.
Are you looking for more information?
Please get in touch with your relevant contact within Stahl: