Coating solutions for paper, film and foil
Aesthetics and performance qualities are key aspects for paper, film and packaging products. Particularly where they are used for protective, performance and aesthetic purposes in a wide range of industries. Think of advertising, printable media, security papers, stationary or films for furniture, cars, architectural or labels and packaging materials. These products need to be equipped with the right properties, while still attracting consumer attention. Stahl Film & Paper solutions offer specialized chemical solutions for film, paper and packaging, tailored to meet market needs and product requirements.
Serving the industry with differentiating qualities
Our Stahl Film & Paper solutions have the expertise and unique technologies to provide you with marketing differentiating qualities. This does not mean simply enhancing properties, but bringing a regular film or paper product to a new level of luxury for consumers. A global presence enables us to operate and deliver fast, meeting local as well as global industry trends. By working side by side, we can bring your product to new heights.
Decorative & Protective Surfaces, Packaging and Graphic Arts
Stahl Paper & Film covers a diversity of industries and a number of different substrates. From furniture and labeling films, security labels and papers to protective car wrappings, printed advertising media and food and non-food packaging, these are all applications Stahl has a long affinity and expertise in.
Decorative & Protective surfaces
To provide that luxurious appeal or add to the longevity of a product, protective films are of the essence. Stahl offers a variety of solutions for for the film market intended for home interiors, mobility, but also for packaging:
- Furniture film makes interior items, like living room cabinets, tables or kitchen surfaces, more durable and retains the aesthetic value for a longer period of time.
- Hot stamping/transfer coatings enable a faster production with efficient coating of products that ensure a fast production of decorative products.
- Packaging films (BOPP, PET, PE-film, a.o.), which reflect the product manufacturers brand, ensure attractivenessand maximum shelf appeal.
- Label films which provide customer with an abundance of information about the product and contain anti-counterfeiting features as well as tracking and tracing technology.
Stahl Film & Paper has a coating solution for you.
Packaging & Graphic Media
Enabling products and advertisements to look attractive is part of their success. It enables manufacturers and advertisers to differentiate on a crowded market, whether it’s on huge-screen prints or on shop shelves:
- Print Receptive coatings (such as gravure, flexo, flexo-UV, digital and inkjet printing) for wide format and narrow format media, which allow high-resolution printing with fitting resistance for outdoor use as well as a pleasant feel for in-hand advertising items.
- Overprint varnish, which allows for added properties to products, like a soft touch, a matt finish or a transparent layer. The enhance user perception of the product quality.
Many of our solutions for Film, Paper & Packaging are compliant with printing ink regulation and FDA.
Working with Stahl Film & Paper solutions means working with a global market leader with extensive expertise in coating development and chemistry innovation. We often rely on a partnership-as-service model to provide you as customer with the properties and quality you need, meeting all legal and regulatory requirements.
Stahl provides you with;
- A wide range of coating properties, regarding haptics/touch, anti-soiling, printability, solvent resistance, water-resistance and more.
- Partnership in solution formulation and product advice.
- Solutions developed to be more sustainable and reduce the ecological footprint of your product.
- Food Contact approved technologies.
- Polyurethane, polycarbodiimide and polyacrylic technologies.
As ingredient partner, Stahl can offer a full range of coating technologies, including our unique water-based matting resins (PolyMatte®) and widely used carbodiimide crosslinkers.
Coating solutions for film, foil and paper overview
Our portfolio contains water- and solvent-based solutions. Are you looking for a partner to create the perfect coating technology for your desired product? We will gladly work side by side with our coating building blocks to create your market differentiating solutions.
Film & Paper Team
Documents & Downloads
Documents & Downloads
Want to know more? Download the relevant documents right here. Please note that authorization is required for Technical Data Sheets. Enter your details, hit submit and once approved we will send your information by email.
Your selected downloads:
No downloads selected
Film & Paper Team
Are you looking for more information?
Please get in touch with your relevant contact within Stahl: