Stahl EVO® responsible coatings with high-performance properties
Awareness of the environmental impact of products has changed the market and consumer demand. Stahl EVO® is designed to meet that demand, while delivering consistent performance that products require and users expect. With Stahl EVO®, we offer a new generation of top coats, skins, adhesives and foams for synthetic materials and other substrates, fully compliant with the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) manufacturing restricted substance list (MRSL), some even exceeding those standards.
Driving industry change with sustainable chemistry
As market leader in chemical solutions for flexible substrates, Stahl has been driving innovation with more responsible chemistry and expertise in water-based solutions for synthetic surfaces. As one of the first companies to file patents on water-base PU dispersions, we have technology that makes a difference in a market looking for transparency on raw materials and chemical usage, as legislative changes further restrict the use of hazardous substances. For example, Stahl EVO® is VOC-, APEO- and DMF(A)-free, meaning these coating solutions meet current market standards on safety and health requirements.
Full portfolio from base to top coat
Stahl EVO® enables the creation of full coating solutions with a complete portfolio. Our coating technologies are compatible with one another for optimal performance and coating consistency, but also with non-Stahl products. The Stahl EVO® portfolio has solutions from the coating base to our top coats, with a variety of benefits in durability, resistance properties and aesthetic qualities:
- Stahl EVO® Base & Foam – The base coating solutions from our Stahl EVO® consists of our Permutex® mechanical foam, suitable for transfer coatings or as direct coating for textiles. It offers a sustainable alternative to the traditional coagulation process. The PermaQure® EVO base is a high solid base (foam or compact), free of Meloximes and odor and emission free. It provides a thick, enduring coat layer with excellent hyrdolisis resistance.
- Stahl EVO® Skin & Adhesives – The Stahl EVO® skin and adhesive series consists of polyurethane dispersions and mild solventborne solutions. Water-based Permutex® RC skin and adhesive compounds are ready for use and easy to be processed.. The Stahl EVO® Permuthane® mild solventborne urethanes can be used with a full range of transfer paper to maximize the design freedom.
- Stahl EVO® Finish & Top Coats - Our Stahl EVO® finish range consists of selected finishes, crosslinkers and additives. The core of the range is water-based, supplemented by solvent finishes if preferred. The 100% water-based Stahl EVO® top coat is one of our latest innovations.
- Stahl EVO® Pigments – Our Our water-based Stahl EVO® Permutex® PP mild Pigment series are suitable for all types of water-based coatings. This VOC free, APEO based emulsifier combines excellent color fastness with easy dosing and high color reproducibility. Our Stahl EVO® Permuthane® UP solvent pigment series is not only compatible with all Stahl EVO® skins and adhesives, but also with traditional solvent polyurethanes.
Digital printing technologies and Stahl EVO®
As customer demand leans more and more towards custom items and personalized products, we’ve developed a cutting-edge printing technology by combining Stahl EVO® coatings with HP Latex Printing technology, which is highly durable and environmentally responsible. Find out more
Key benefits of Stahl EVO®
Use of our Stahl EVO® portfolio of coating solutions offers various benefits to brands and manufacturers, both in product quality and environmental responsibility as well as in brand image and market positioning.
Key benefits include:
- Alternative chemical solutions with a lower environmental footprint
- Reliable high-performance qualities
- Proven compliance with stringent market standards
- Transparency on chemical contents and responsible production
- Recognizable name with sustainable coating technology
- Extensive service portfolio from consultancy to partnership-as-service
- More sustainable thanks to chemistry free from hazardous substances
Global Market Manager Synthetics
Eric TimmermansGlobal Market Manager Synthetics
Are you looking for more information?
Please get in touch with your relevant contact within Stahl: